Sunday, January 15, 2012

What to do with the Dream

0
I have always had a bit of a "entrepreneurial spirit" about me. Ok it's more than a bit. I have been attempting to start and run a thriving business since I was a kid. It might have been a service, but typically it was some type of witty invention.

When I was about 8 I spilt an entire jug of sweet tea in the fridge. It was everywhere! All over every leftover tupperware, all over every bag of fruit or veggie. It was sticky, and I was frustrated to no end having to clean it before my mom got home to see the mess. The answer: a small thin shelf that slid underneath the fridge shelf that if any liquid or crumb fell into, it could be remedied easily and without much mess.  The idea seemed almost stupid it was so good.

Now I dont know about you, but when I was 8, I didn't know any venture capitalist, or investors, so my idea just sat on my mind waiting for the right person to come along to pitch it to to bring it to homes in every city! 3 years later, I saw an ad for the same idea in a Kenmore fridge. I was devastated! But did I learn my lesson?

I was 20 something and a buddy of mine and myself decided we wanted to shoot extreme sports videos backed up by Christian rock music, and then have people give their testimonies to cover the gap left open by Christian media. We shot the footage, and then I went on vacation. 2 weeks after I got back, one of the Baldwin Brothers had released and entire series of Christian Extreme Sports videos online, and the servers couldn't keep up.

When God gives you an idea, you have to run with it. If you dont, he is liable to give it to someone else. When God tells you to do something, you better just go ahead and do it. He's a patient guy, but he won't let your laziness,/stubbornness/procrastination/ be what keeps work going forward.

If he called you to a distant land... Go!
If he sent you the right man/woman to marry and you're getting cold feet... Commit!
If he gave you a crappy job... Work it!
If he called you to ministry... Minister!

If you are waiting on the right person to come along to make all your dreams come true then you will be waiting a really long time.

If he doesn't pass it off to someone else, he might just redirect your journey to make you look at it again. Look at Jonah! Don't end up in the belly of a whale to find the nerve to get your act going! Let God be your strength and wisdom and get to work!!!

No Response to "What to do with the Dream"

Post a Comment