Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What do you do, when you dont know what to do?

0
I lost my job in December for reasons unknown to me. It was 2 weeks before Christmas, and although it was rough to see my kids only get a few things under the tree (which we didn't have), there was an unusual peace about it. Thankfully, I qualified for unemployment, had some other little money coming in to ensure the bills were paid, and even decided on 12/31 at noon to drive to OKC to see my in-laws. An unusual peace.

One of the reasons for this peace was I had applied for a position, I knew I was PERFECT for, and I had a few insiders helping me along with the process. The position would have been amazing. It was with a local university, which after a year they would pay for my Masters degree. Good pay, good benefits, good  environment. It was the perfect job for me.

I found out 2 days ago, after 3 separate interviews, I didn't get the job. And they wouldn't tell me why. They gave me a canned answer of "All I can tell you is, the position posted was very competitive." However, they reposted the position yesterday, telling me no one else has been offered the position as of yet.

Honestly, I was stunned unto numbness. I thought I had this one in the bag. I had inside help, the process went smooth, the interviews went great. The environment was Christian, the people have similar values, the school is solid in Christian standards, but it didn't happen.

So, I had to ask myself, what do you do, when you dont know what to do?

I may say that it is impossible, but God says All things are possible! Luke 18:27
I may say I want to forget it all, but God says His grace is sufficient! 2 Cor 12:9
I often can't figure things out, but God will direct my steps! Proverbs 3:5-6
No matter how hard I try, I just can't do it, but God can do ALL things! Phillipians 4:13
With a family I am worried about tomorrow, but God asks for all my baggage and cares! 1 Peter 5:7
With all the stress I can't manage it all, but God says all my needs will be supplied! Phillipians 4:19

I was perfect for this job. But God has something else in store. I dont know what it is, to be honest, but I have already seen God supply, order, and direct. I think you might be wise to trust in him for your situation as well. He CAN and WILL do it!

No Response to "What do you do, when you dont know what to do?"

Post a Comment